Co-authored by Garrett Gunderson and myself, Killing Sacred Cows: Overcoming the Financial Myths that are Destroying Your Prosperity, was published as a hardcover in August of 2008.
Within a month, the book became a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Businessweek, and Amazon bestseller.
Click here to read what Garrett says about working with me.
Our financial lives are directly connected to our societal contributions. We must be financially free to achieve our potential. But many people are kept from their ideal lives because of misguided traditions regarding personal finance.
Garrett Gunderson and Stephen Palmer challenge destructive myths, common clichés, and faulty retirement planning advice to plainly demonstrate the following:
- 401(k)s are extremely risky investments for most people. Learn how to create safer investments that are collateralized, cash-flowing, controllable, and aligned with your expertise, passion, and purpose.
- Conventional retirement planning strategies are keeping you from the retirement you really want. You can maximize the productivity of your resources, reduce risk, and retire well with the right education and a proper macroeconomic plan.
- Net worth is a poor indicator of wealth. What matters is cash flow, and this book teaches you how to develop it.
- Debt may not be what you think it is. Learn the proper definition of debt and how this understanding can immediately increase your prosperity.
- “High risk equals high returns” is dangerous dogma. Learn how to increase your returns and reduce your risk through smart, value-based investing.